Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the board, about to dive into a 6.0L swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the board, about to dive into a 6.0L swap

Just a quick introductory thread here. I just signed up as a result of continued trips in to the forum seeking various answers to questions I have come up with about my upcoming 6.0L swap. I spend some time on both CK5 and 67-72 for various vehicle specific questions and have found lots of good info and other swap threads on both of those, but I know I'm about to be knee deep in engine-specific questions, so here I am!

I have tons of projects and am easily distracted by them, but I think I'm back on board with this one for the time being. The project at hand is a 90 V2500 GMC Suburban with a 4" Superlift and a stock 350/400/241 drivetrain. I purchased a tuned 6.0L from BD Turnkey with the harness already modded and ready to install. (It's from an 04 2500HD with about 70K on it). I've had the engine for a few months and haven't done a thing with it. Yesterday, I made a 6 hour roundtrip to pick up a 4L80E (also an 04 with about 70K), so I'm getting there. Next up are the motor mounts (probably going with the Dirty Dingos) and fuel pump, along with I'm sure a nearly endless list of thises and thats. I am going to retain the stock 241 t-case. For some reason, I have an aversion to electronically shifting into 4wd. I dunno. Just me.

So, here's what I have so far:

Seems to be that one of the minor hurdles to overcome is getting the old water temp sender to fit in the new motor. I plan on using the stock gauges, so I guess that's something to address. Might just have one of the large ones turned down at the machine shop.

Anyway, that's me and that's the project that's relevant to this site...looking forward to picking yall's brains and many many thanks in advance for all the info I'm sure to gain here!!

Quick Reply: New to the board, about to dive into a 6.0L swap