Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy here from Wesy Ky.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New guy here from Wesy Ky.

Heard alot about twinturbo's ride and seen it in action some, so i joined up to get ready to perform my LS transplant. My car is a stock shortblock 302, has went 6.82 in 1/8 mile and 10.92 in 1/4 mile, but i am ready for more. I have my sbf and trans listed for sale and have already picked up my heads for free at work. I got some VERY low mileage L92s and i will be picking up the short block soon hopefully. It will be at least a 6.0. I will probably be going custom cam, and MSD 6010 with Vic Jr and around a 850-950 carb. I dont really know what else to mod to get these things to go fast, all I know how to do is fix them stock, but have built many motors, so hopefully i can get this thing in the low 6 range all motor. I am hoping to get the motor free too, it was a insurance job, only thing he did was got too deep in a water hole and got water in the oil and got some bearings at the most, it ran fine. So if I pick it up for free, what do I need to do to get it ready for some abuse? Its a 07 model. Will it need rod bolts? different rods? What kinds of problems will I have with the 6010? I plan on a turbo 350 cause I have built many of them, possibly a 4500-5000 stall, with 4.10-4.30 gears. I am hoping with the right cam and springs I can get the 3k Stang to at least go in the 6.30 range, but of course, thats never fast enough. Hope to learn alot here.

Quick Reply: New guy here from Wesy Ky.