Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally on the darkside

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally on the darkside

Just wanted to post up and say hi, been pretty active in the late model mustang world for 15 or so years and figured now is the time to learn a new set of skills. Dont worry im not planning to sell my current stangs (stock 89lx and 04 mach with some mods)

Ive been lurking on here a lot lately and ive learned a tremendous amount. Long story short is im planning what i think is a pretty unique swap. My pops has a 78 skylark (pic below) that has 72k orginal miles on it and is in pretty nice shape. Im in the midst of the planning stages at the moment and then the parts hunt and gather will begin for what i hope to be a nice sleeper.

Just the highlights of the plans(feel free to suggest changes)
-Mildy cammed LQ9, thinking crane PN 1449551 or custom but dont wanna get crazy with valvetrain or RPM
-dynatech 1-7/8" long tubes (or simalar open to suggestions)
-full 3" exhaust with x pipe and 2 sets of magnaflows and resonators
-either a build 10 bolt or i might try to fab up my own 8.8 since i have 10 of em with 3.55/3.73
-havent had enough info to decide on 4l60/80 please chime in
-custom converter
-cal tracks on the rear with their springs and shocks all the way around
-NX single nozzle wet kit 100-150 pill

Again these are just some highlights but im sure a lot will change as i learn these swaps better. Looks like a lot of gen II camaro stuff will work and what wont I should be able to fab. Goal is a very streetable, reliable, stock appearing car thats capable of mid 10s on the bottle. I hope to be on the road next summer but thats being very optimistic. Ill def start a build thread when i start wrenchin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: Finally on the darkside