Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from MD

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from MD

Hey guys I am Devon from western MD. Outside of cars I love baseball, fantasy football, and good music. I have a 240sx that has been going through the infamous yet seemingly disposable sr20det motors at an alarming rate. I didn't take shortcuts and am fed up. I have decided to put an LS1 in it to make things easier on me. Parts availability was a huge contributing factor to my decision. However, the largest factor was the fact that no local trustworthy mechanics were willing to touch my car when they learned the motor in addition to not being factory, wasn't available in a US car at all.

I assume this is just a regional thing, and if I lived elsewhere I could find a good mechanic willing to work on that platform. I do not plan on moving, so I figure I should cater to my local mechanics. I love to wrench, but with a 3 year old and no actual motor building training, that stuff is over my head and easier to hire out.

So I am here. I look forward to learning and establishing myself within the community. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: New guy from MD