Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Gidday fellow petrolheads...

Old 11-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gidday fellow petrolheads...

Hi all; i'm new here & although I dont run an LS1 it is still a chev... the Heartbeat!

I'm from a small country place in New Zealand called Ararimu... not alot here, just sheep & cows.
My passion since I was 15 has been dragracing and/or fast street cars. I've held a few records here in NZ with one of my old cars running a nitrous sbc & will be chasing a few more down with my new turbo'd car.
I recently purchased a brandnew moly tube chassis car which weighs 1018lb rolling & i'm building a turbocharged/EFI 421ci aluminum sbc to power it.
I have purchased a Haigh 9.200' tall deck aluminum block, MBE custom SB2.2 13 degree heads, JE 4.155" custom turbo pistons, Oliver 6" billet steel rods, Bryant 3.875" billet crank, Barnes 5stg dry sump setup with Moroso pan, custom sheetmetal intake with 8 ID1000 & 8 ID2000 injectors plus a 4" t/b.
I'll be running a Garrett GT6041 to start with which tops out at 2000hp, twin 60mm Tial w/g & twin 50mm Tial bov... & if I can run that to it's full potential i'll be a happy man!
The engine will be tuned for E85 & I have an in-car ice-to-air i/c.
I have a BRT convertor drive coupled to a 3spd Lenco backing the engine.

So if all goes well I hope to see the low end of the 6sec bracket.

Last edited by KCRacing; 11-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like ya know what you want and how to get it!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM

Has taken a lot of research & phone calls to various people such as Kenny Duttweiler, Steve Morris Racing Engines, Proline Race Engines etc to select the correct parts but i'm confident I have a sturdy combo now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gidday fellow petrolheads...