Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Proud new 01 Camaro owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new 01 Camaro owner

I'm glad to finally have gotten out of my 05 Civic and into something with some real horsepower (makes interstate driving to and from work a breeze). Unfortunately I traded a car with no problems for one that seems to have numerous problems (and it only has 80,000 miles!) and I only have had it for about 4 months.

I have used this site many times already to change my cluthc master and slave cylinder... it was truly a life saver, and I'm still using the site to diagnose other problems. It is frustrating to have these issues, but glad I picked up an SS with all the features I was looking for.

I'll see you all around on the forums as I'll be posting questions about my problems and hopefully solutions to other people's problems (like where the leak originated from under my rear floor mats).
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Launching!

see ya around then!

T-top? Make sure you have the drains up there clean and clear of debris. If they are good then move on to conditioning the seals and see if it ceases...
Use Delco Electrical Contact Grease part# 10953529 to condition those seals. Does a much better job than the Emulsion.

new here myself but welcome to the boards!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Well now that I think about it, I do have a very minor drip once in a while from the t-top. I never looked for darins up there, but never saw them while r/r'ing the tops.

My major leak comes from what I believe to be a design flaw by GM. When I have my car parked nose down on my driveway, water accumulates on the front lower corners of the rear lid (if you open up yours now and haven't cleaned it in a while, there may be a large dirty spot right there in the corner I'm referring to). I tore aprt my interior, kept the lid open, and poured water in the outer lip where water is supposed to drain... with the car still parked nose down. The water quickly built up in those two corners and started to seep past the seals. Design flaw 1 is not having a drain on the front lower corners of the back lid, number two is not having a better seal to structure system in place.

Not sure if all that makes sense, thats why I want to post something with pictures so others can hopefully learn from my headaches... since I haven't seen any other posts by someone who ran into the same solution. Thanks for the welcoming.

Quick Reply: Proud new 01 Camaro owner