Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new ls1 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ls1 owner

a couple months ago I sold my 2008 350z and used to equity to buy a 2000 camaro ss. i found one local that was bone stock with 36k original miles (my z had 35,500 when i sold it), when i say "bone stock", i mean it....the first thing i did when i got it home was replace the 12 year old air filter (it was definitely needed-see pic) and change the oil, thankfully that wasn't 12 years old either.

within the first month of owning it i've replaced the spark plugs/plug wires with ngk tr6's and taylor thunder volts (in hopes that it would help fix a slightly rough idle- didn't help lol), air/egr delete, bbk long tube headers/off road y pipe, bmr lowering springs, thunder racing tune, slp lid/smooth bellow/k&n air filter, and i replaced the rear kuhmo tires with a set of nitto nt05's.....and also replaced the battery b/c i blew up the one that was in the car next i plan on adding and replacing suspension components that way the car turns in rather than rolls into a curve lol

i had the chance to make 2 passes in stock trim at the track before the battery decided to **** the bed on me. with a 2.2/2.1 60' i managed a 13.4@104 (my 350z stock ran 13.4@107 with a 2.3 60'). i do plan on taking it back in the next couple weeks to get some new, improved times with the added performance and traction aides.

here are some pics of the car.....
Attached Thumbnails new ls1 owner-img_0549.jpg   new ls1 owner-img_0563.jpg   new ls1 owner-img_0564.jpg   new ls1 owner-img_0566.jpg   new ls1 owner-img_0568.jpg  

new ls1 owner-img_0609.jpg   new ls1 owner-img_0637.jpg  

Quick Reply: new ls1 owner