Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Detroit area

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Detroit area

Hey everyone. Im a new member that found this site searching for reasons or causes why my 2008 Impala SS has a shake in the steering wheel and a wobble like feeling at lower speeds. It smoothes out at faster speeds. The car also pulls to the left. I just got the car a few months ago so im not too familiar with this vehicle yet. So far im going with the idea that the car needs an alignment done to correct this issue. Im not noticing any abnormal tire wear yet. Any others have an issue like this? I love the site so far. Its a great reference tool.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Start by rotating the tires to the rear to see if there is any change. The front rims my be bent or a belt in one of your tires has separated. Our roads here in michigan are brutal.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 PM

^^This. I also live in the mitt. Roads around here are so bad for our vehicles, even though it seems like every other one is shut down for construction…
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by remoat
Hey everyone. Im a new member that found this site searching for reasons or causes why my 2008 Impala SS has a shake in the steering wheel and a wobble like feeling at lower speeds. It smoothes out at faster speeds. The car also pulls to the left. I just got the car a few months ago so im not too familiar with this vehicle yet. So far im going with the idea that the car needs an alignment done to correct this issue. Im not noticing any abnormal tire wear yet. Any others have an issue like this? I love the site so far. Its a great reference tool.

Sorry to hear about the issue occurring with your Impala. If you're unable to resolve it, a GM Certified Tech should be well-equipped to properly diagnose and repair the issue. If you decide to take it in, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with your VIN#, name, situation, current mileage., and contact information. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Update?

Quick Reply: New from Detroit area