Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy in San Diego.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy in San Diego.

Hey guys, New Guy here.

My name is Sam, and i hail from the sunny land of San Diego, CA.

A little background on me and my experience.

I have been into mustangs my whole life, My First car was a 92 GT, drove that for a while until i decided to upgrade and sold that and my other project and picked up my 03. Since then ive gotten the mod bug and have had a few different project cars. Including an LS1 Powered 240z that i ended up parting for numerous reasons.

Long story still kind of long, I ended up giving that LS1 back to my buddy whom i got it from, and we had plans of building a Hotrod with it. and since getting rid of the 240z, i picked up My 85 Mercury Capri T-Top, which is a car ive wanted since i had my first fox body. Recently many small things have been bugging me with the capri, and we came to a realization a couple days ago, that the T56 was going to make fitting into the hot rod quite the PITA...

So we came to a conclusion, quite possibly the most unfair trade in the world, hifted in my favor, of course, that we are both completely okay with, In exchange for an 8.8 and bits, as well as a couple other odds and ends, He gets my 5.0/T-5 for dat tiny transmission and making that car driveable, and i get the LS1/T56 and will actually be able to enjoy driving my capri.

The swap is still purely in the planning phases, and im still trying to figure out what all i want to do with the car while its down. I just got done with a 5 lug conversion and good brakes with an 8.8, i need some sort of lowering and my suspension will be okay with what i want.

My current Plans

'99 T/A LS1:
Stock Heads - If its out for a while i may port them, or if i get a good deal on some better heads, i may drop $$$ on that
Possible stock cam- I may Upgrade depending on a number of factors
LS7 Valve springs & upgraded retainers and keepers
Stock Bottom end
Truck Coils
Edelbrock Dual Plane Carburetor manifold
Edelbrock/Holley 650-750 Carb - (Can anybody provide input on what size carb will perform the best)
Stock T/A T56 w/ Hurst Shifter (May upgrade to MGW)

Anywho, my novel is over. Looking forward to participating on this forum.

Thanks

-Sam

Quick Reply: New guy in San Diego.