Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New dude from a Ford family

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dude from a Ford family

Hey guys, I'm new to GM products. My family and I have all had Fords. I have a 99 Mustang GT right now. My wife and I got married and she was very used to driving her mother's TB. So when I went to buy a new car for us to travel in, I bought a TBLT and absolutely love it. Its my favorite car I've ever had so now I'm a GM guy. I have never been fully happy with my Mustang either. I did put a 3.73 gear in it and got it down to a 8.6 in a 1/8th. Seeing that I didn't pay that much for it, I don't think that is terrible.

Now for the reason I made an account here. When my wife gets pregnant or we can afford it, I'm trying to decide to get either a g8 gt or tbss to replace the Mustang. We will need a 4 door. With my wife being used to a TB, the obvious answer was a tb. However, the gas mileage is a huge turn off. The LT already gets bad gas mileage, I don't know about having something with worse fuel mileage. Then a g8 gt passed me that sounded like Jesus singing. I loved the look and sound of that car. Now I'm considering one of those.

Well thanks guys, I'll be around here looking at your forums every now and then. Please give me any advice you can.

Last edited by SkinsNut; 02-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Launching!

welcome aboard, get her what ever she wants then you will have better luck getting a car to build for the track
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 78buturbo
welcome aboard, get her what ever she wants then you will have better luck getting a car to build for the track
Well she wants the tblt we have and I want something quick but not a track monster. I have already been racing at a track for a long time and there is just WAY too much money in it. My dad has a 525 hp fox body that has blown gaskets, rear ends, axles, and pretty much every breakable part. He has since done his own work and it has worked out real well for him since then.

One time, I was in college and racing my 99 gt at the track. I really didn't have a lot of money but genius me swaps my spinning nittos for dad's MT's. He told me to heat them up real well. Well I must have dropped the clutch at a liiiitttlle bit too high of a rpm and blew that axle out. After upgrading the diff and axles, I was 800 bucks in the hole for one minor mistake.

I definitely don't want to go back to that but I do want to have a quick car to have fun with on the roads. Just nothing too serious.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The G8 will be faster and get better gas mileage, but the TBSS is also nice.

Quick Reply: New dude from a Ford family