Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member in WA state - need input!!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in WA state - need input!!

Hey, everyone. My name is Darren and I might be looking to do some upgrades to my 2000 Camaro SS 6M I've owned since 2005. I bought it at 42,000 miles and have over 150,000 now. It has been a GREAT car, only had to change a clutch and do basic services in that time. It has mid length headers, custom exhaust, lowering springs, Pro 5.0 shifter and that's about it.

I am itching for a project!! I manage a hotrod shop in Puyallup, WA that specializes in LS swaps. I'm considering two options right now:
Option 1: mild build on this car (i.e. cam swap, possible head P&P, LS6 intake...) and rebuild the T56.
Option 2: sell the Camaro and buy a 1/2 ton 2wd 2000+ Silverado or Tahoe and swap in a cammed LY6 6.0 that easily makes close to 500hp at the crank with small upgrades. I would put in performance suspension and brakes to match.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself. Do you guys prefer one of these options over the other?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally I would keep the car, find some ls6 head or equivilant, stroke to 383 and with a mild cam make a potent DD and fun track car. The reason that I like this is because it can be kept looking stock, the handling and braking will match the performance.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be fun! I am going to stay away from the stroker for now but the other parts would be solid additions. I was kind of thinking the same thing about handling and braking. I love both of those things about it right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member in WA state - need input!!