Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here from RI

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here from RI

Hey all!

I'm Jake and i am from Rhode Island. I dont own anything powered by an LS....yet..but i plan on it rather soon. I know this may seem weird or come across as an insult to you hardcore LS/GM people..but i plan to shove an LS1 into a 2001 audi a4 wagon! I simply dont like the German powerplants that are offered for that car, so im going with my roots and putting a nice american V8 in there.

Ive been in the VW world for a few years now...with that being said i have also done a complete rebuild to two impalas, one 1965 327 (og 396) ss 4 speed, and another 66 convertible with a mild 350. My uncle and father have owned many GM cars and we used to drag a 1972 Nova.

Hopefully you guys dont judge me because i typically work on imports haha.

I am not biased at all whether a car is from Germany, japan, or the good old USA, i simply love cars.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM

Also i would like to add that i am not 100% familiar with the LS platform and am open to all information. I have been doing a hell of a lot of reading...

Few statements/questions.

I have been reading a lot on the lq4 6.0 iron block. this in combination with the l92 heads and other supporting mods seems to be fairly potent...i plan on doing bottom end work and a mild stroke. Any tips?

Also, does the t56 mate up with the lq4? Ive seen some mixed responses...

seems that the ones prior to 2001 didnt mate up because of crank spacing/output shaft legnths but the newer ones have the same output as the ls1/6 ect...

??? haha

Thanks

Jake
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM

So i bought an engine...

its a 2004 lq4 out of a truck with around 100k on it..not too bad. Possible spun bearing, no worries, turns over with no funny noises freely and is getting a full rebuild anyway

$250

Quick Reply: New here from RI