Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1 Soon to Start E36 M3 LS Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1 Soon to Start E36 M3 LS Swap

How's it going Ls1 community...new guy here from Rochester, NY (currently stationed in Washington, D.C. with the United States Marines) and I just recently picked up an LS1 to begin a project that has intrigued me for a good while now.
Just a little background on myself and the car. Before I enlisted in the Marines in 2010 I attended a local college and got an Associates Degree in Applied Sciences: Auto Tech as well as becoming a GM Certified tech through the ASEP program. I worked at a local dealership, Hoselton Chevrolet, for just about three years as a technician.
I have owned my Supercharged 1995 BMW M3 coupe for just a under a year and have recently decided to LS1 swap it. I won't get into all the details here, but basically I am tired of the over enginieered straight six that seems to hate me...not to mention the centrifugal supercharger seems to increase problems ten fold. So with the readily available parts for LS1 swapping the early M3 chassis my decision was made. I picked up a 98 spec LS1 from a camaro that had a spun bearing along with a slew of other parts including a complete Perfect Engine managment harness and stand alone compuer for right around $1800.
For right now I am just collecting parts for the swap and doing as much research as possible before putting a whole **** ton of money into it. I have very limited wrench time being active duty so hopefully i can minimize wasted time by researching ahead of time to forsee any potential snags.

Looking forward to exploring this forum and utilizing the vast knowledge available!

Alex

Quick Reply: New to LS1 Soon to Start E36 M3 LS Swap