Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi from Glen from Gresham

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Glen from Gresham

Hello Everyone,

My name is Glen and I live in Gresham, Oregon, just east of Portland. I was very much into cars as a youth and owned a '65 Galaxy with a Dual-Quad 427 and a 4-Speed as a first car. I always had a soft spot for 55 and 56 Fords also and started to build a few of those, but never quite got one finished. I felt a genuine disdain for Chevy's at the time, but for no logical reason except "going against the crowd".

Another one of my early project cars was a '55 Ford F100, into which I installed a Ford 390 and an automatic. I love those mid-fifties Ford Pickups as well, but I always thought it funny that you could hardly find one without wrinkles in the front fenders due to bottoming out the nose. This was because of the excessive setback of the front axle. I see a lot of these now lowered way down to the ground, but I will bet they have to be driven very carefully.

My mid-life was filled with kids and Minivans, but I am now 64 and retired. I reawakened my earlier love for American Iron by purchasing a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Short-bed with Hemi Power. I did some minor customizing on that rig and still drive it daily and like it a lot. My current project however is a '37 Olds 4dr Touring Sedan, which has been kind of Rat-Rodded with a 235 Chevy Six, 3-Speed and a Ford 9-Inch rear end. I would like to finish the work that the previous owner started, to make this a nice drivable car with early hot rod power. I also had an opportunity to buy a 2002 Camaro SS Convertible, Black on Black on Ebony, in like-new condition, and I am very proud of that car.

Thanks for letting me join the group!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome.

Quick Reply: Hi from Glen from Gresham