Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Here to learn

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here to learn

Hello all. My name is Garth and I figured I may as well join the forum. Threads from this forum kept popping up in my google searches so apparently this is the place to be.

Long story short, Im planning on pissing off a bunch of Ford guys. Uncle gave me his '66 F100 years ago. Drove it for a bit but its been in my garage for a few years now. Trying to feed a 460 that leaks oil as fast as it burns fuel is just not my thing. SO.... Im figuring on a LS swap. From what I gather, I should be money ahead (over buying/having rebuilt a SBF) and have a good, efficient engine.

Im looking at dropping a 5.3L and 4L60E into it. Always been happy with the 5.3s the wife and I had in our Silverados, and the one she now has in her Tahoe..... so why not put one in this F100. Then I might actually drive it. Calling the local wrecking yard tomorrow to chat with them about an engine they have, and see about a trans.

Thats my story. I'll probably be lurking like a champ, reading everything I can and I will probably have more than enough questions.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Welcome, good luck on your mods.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:56 AM

Just an update. Im still reading.....but dove in today. Junkyard 4L60E is sitting on my garage floor, and I'm heading back in the morning to pick up the 5.3L they were supposed to cut out of a mangled Tahoe this afternoon.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 PM

Had to tear the intake and all the accessories off to get it hooked to the hoist and out of the back of my truck (lifted Super Duty) but her she sits. Im either making progress or about to be in way over my head.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Staging Lane

Hey, sounds like a great project. Stick with it, and it will be worth it in the long run. Pics please of the F truck. I love all those older Chevs, and F trucks.

And, welcome.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Spent most of the day cleaning out the garage, so I could unwedge the truck (which hasn't been started in almost 4yrs) and get it turned around so I could work on it. Had the nose up against the furnace, hence the turning it around.

Pics of the truck and whats coming out.
Attached Thumbnails Here to learn-z1.jpg   Here to learn-20130422160505.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Welcome to the forum! What a cool project you have ahead of yourself. An LS in a F100. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Keep us updated with your progress. All the best!

Quick Reply: Here to learn