Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New LS1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 Owner

Hi, been stalking the forum for the past few weeks.
I had been driving a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible that I had since I was 16, and a 2007 Kawasaki Meanstreak motorcycle. My motorcycle was totaled last November while avoiding a truck that ran a red light, and then my car decided that it had lived long enough and stopped running January of this year.

Took my father and I 2 months of searching, but I finally found a new car I liked and could afford with the money from my motorcycle, so I picked up a '99 Firebird T/A WS6, with 44k miles on it, at the beginning of the month and am enjoying the wealth of information on LS1Tech.com
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! What are the plans for the car?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC5811
Welcome! What are the plans for the car?
Not sure at the moment, mainly doing lots of reading. To start off with I was going to change to switchback DRLs and LMC light housings with HIDs for the lows and fogs. I would have loved to go with the BLS projector kit for the lights, but I missed the group buy, and they are currently out of my price range. I'd rather spend a little less on the lights, and put the extra money into performance.

Trying to decide on what I want to do with the air intake, if I just want to upgrade the lid for now, or spend some more money and go CAI right away.

But I will continue to read and research before I pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: New LS1 Owner