Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the game, excited to seek help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the game, excited to seek help.

Hey everyone, glad to be here. First off, it's my first LS1 car. It's a 2000 Camaro SS, T56, with 130k on the clock. Now, I've already dove into the forums and got a pretty good idea of how long I can expect the 4.56's I'm installing into the rearend to last. Can anyone give me the number of teeth that will actually be making contact with 4.56's? Anyway, I'm looking to just make it a reliable, daily driven 11-second car, when off of nitrous. I assume a 12 bolt is pretty much necessary at some point for that.

Some questions I have-

1. I'm wanting to give the car the most power I can, and have the rev limiter just over 6500 RPM. I haven't looked up stock head numbers, but what should be the highest lift cam I can run on the stock heads? Or is it even worth it? I'm all about big-runner heads, but I want to maintain that midrange too.

2. What offset do I need/is recommended when using old school 15x8 wheels? I have some centerlines off of my last car, as I'm not very fond of the black/chrome 17's that came on the car.

3. With 4.56's, should I completely avoid sticky tires? I want it to have awesome 60-foot times. If anyone could lend me tire advice, that'd be great.

4. Finally, I live in the Omaha Nebraska area. If anyone knows of a good tuner around here, I'd definitely appreciate it. I want the car to have most of the bolt-ons/suspension parts I can get my hands on, without really tearing into the motor (save for cam, springs, and rockers most likely. Pushrods?).

Anyway, I'm 20 years old, I work full time, my budget isn't astronomical, but I figure I can get some decent numbers out of the car. My background experience is all old-school Big Block/Small Block cars. I've built plenty of motors, both for myself, late model motors for my father (though really, circle-track racing doesn't do anything for me), and I've built a few motors for good friends. Truthfully, the LS1 scares the hell out of me in terms of building, etc. I'm unfamiliar with it, but pretty excited to get into the next big thing. Or.. Well, the next thing... It's been around a while I guess.

-Jayden
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with a m6 car you want a 9"

Quick Reply: New to the game, excited to seek help.