Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

going from hondas to LS powerd Rx7

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going from hondas to LS powerd Rx7

Hello, i'm new to ls1tech.. i've actually been lurking here for a while as a "guest" researching for my new project. finally broke down and registerred so i can actually ask questions. i'm from Walla Walla, WA.

anyway, i've been playing with honda's for the last 14 years.. still daily drive one.. cant beat the fuel economy they get.. and its cheap to work on and maintain.. my machinist always gives me **** about my "rice" engines.. but its all in jest.. no worries.. but i've always wanted to build a v8. well a couple months ago i came across an 88 rx7.. traded some honda/acura engines for it. really nice car but the engine barely runs.. no matter, i already knew i wanted to put a LS1/t56 in it. after pricing some LS1 long blocks.. i modified my wish list.. and one of my buddies happend to buy a LM4 engine for his boat.. then changed his mind and decided to go a different route.. so i'm getting it for $300. he said it ran good when removed from a trailblazer. i have to pick up some parts for it like a LS1/6 intake manifold, water pump.. oil pan, oil pickup and windage tray, camero headers.. and i think i'll need to relocate the alternator from up top for hood clearance..

eventually i'd like to get some 243 heads, and a cam for it.. really only looking to make 400 hp.. for now LOL. just want something that i can flog on and be reliable. i'd say 400 hp is good enough to get me sliding sideways

looking forward to learning more about the LS engines!

i know theres a lot more

Last edited by Speedz1970; 07-08-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: added my location

Quick Reply: going from hondas to LS powerd Rx7