Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

From research to registration

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From research to registration

Well I suppose I'll start a thread for no one to reply to hehe, looks like the intro forum is busy but deserted.

Anyway, for posterity, I'll say hi to the computers.

Been a long-time reader/researcher for my long-time dream to build a project car from the ground up.

Finally got to a point in life to pick up a busted car to restore/build.

I've always been a fan of unique cars that aren't on every corner. Have gone from a subaru svx, 86 and 87 maxda rx7, volvo s60R, to now a volvo v90. I like the idea of driving something that is less noticeable but is fun to drive. I had always planned on putting an LS-x into something, and went from a 2nd gen rx7, which was ruled out for lack of aesthetics, to a 3rd gen rx7, which was ruled out for lack of head/leg room. After always finding a reason to not start a project, I just googled what cars had already been pioneered for the ls swap. I was intrigued by the volvo's on the list (already owning and enjoying the s60R; which is a mother to maintain, and gets driven on egg shells for fear of catastrophic bank draining). Anyway, I decided that from reading many for-sale reasons of needing to dump their sports car for something with room for kids blah blah, I decided that a wagon volvo would be perfect. I get room to fit camping gear, and kids whenever that accident happens, and the LS engine can play nicely.

Anyways, I picked up a crappy v90 with pretty much nothing in good condition so I've got my work cu tout for me, which is what I want, a project car that I can get my hands dirty with while learning the 'ole in-out. The goal at this point is to do the standard LQ4 build with cam/intake/heads etc. Something in the neighborhood of 350 -400 whp is all I need until I get a feel for how the chassis supports the additional power.

Thats all for now I suppose. Looking forward to interacting with the forum and it's wealth of knowledge. The s60R forums are good, but are filled with more chatter than info passing, and the aftermarket, build-ability of that platform leaves a lot to be desired.

Cheers!

Jonny-5
Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to the forum, I don't know if you'll find much info with your project. This is mostly f body ls engines forum.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Greetings DrWagon. Many of us read the intros but you can only say 'welcome to the forum' so many times before your post count will look silly.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sgtrgpfdps
Welcome to the forum, I don't know if you'll find much info with your project. This is mostly f body ls engines forum.

Yes, I've got turbobricks.com for the specifics to the chassis build, but the amount of knowledge about the engine is WELL worth it to join here. Learning all the little details on how to build, what to build, why to build, and of course....the classifieds

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Greetings DrWagon. Many of us read the intros but you can only say 'welcome to the forum' so many times before your post count will look silly.
Of course after I posted I read about the mods banning sellers who just said hi numerous times to sell stuff. I'm used a forum where a specific sub-forums can go weeks without reply to any thread at all, so when I saw the numerous 'zero' replies, I figures this was one of the desolate sub-forums that everyone ignored.

Thanks for the welcome everyone in cyber car-world!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

This is a rather busy site overall. I've been very impressed with it over the years and most of the sections get responses to questions. This intro section is just basically "hello" and then you move on to the pertinent areas.

Quick Reply: From research to registration