Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Building my first LS1- 37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building my first LS1- 37 coupe

Hi, my name is Allan and I'm an 'Old Skool' gear head and just now jumping on the LS scene. I'm building a 37 Packard Coupe with a 2004 LS1 from a 22,405 mile GTO. At first I was just going to leave the engine all stock,,yea right,,so now I have bought a real nice set of ported 241 heads and now looking for a nice street cam and all that needs to be replaced with that. I'm thinkin something in the mid 220s duration range and 560 lift,, I want a nice mid range street cam with a nice 'hot-rod 'sound so any help here would be great help. I have built my own long tube headers too and this is a auto. trans. I live in central Virginia,, I'll post pics of my ole coupe when I get her all together. Thanks
Old 07-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Welcome! I love the old Packards - looking forward to seeing some progress!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Default Holley Mid Rise EFI

I'm new to this site and have done some research into this Holley intake but would like to hear from anyone that is or has run one of these intakes with the EFI/ TB set up with a 90mm TB, I have plenty of clearance so that is not an issue. Motor is 04 LS1 stock bottom end street ported flow #s @ 600 are 264/229 and the cam I have is the old B-1 221/221 558lift,, I'm not sure I will run this cam or may look for something with a little me duration like upper 220s. I love the looks of this intake but don't want to kill the street manners. This thing being a dual plane, I would think, should be a great street intake a really look kick *** under the hood of an old Packard. Are there any dyno charts on this manifold. Thanks for you help

Quick Reply: Building my first LS1- 37 coupe