Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Redneck has entered the building!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redneck has entered the building!!

Greetings and hello :-) \
All my friends call me Rock. I am from east Texas. 45 minutes from Shreveport, and 45 minutes from Longview. I have messed with cars most of my life, but never had a "new" car. Or shall I say "newer." Its new to me, and I dont know what to do with it. All the stuff I have ever done or messed with has been iron, and had a carb or carbs on it. None of this computer stuff. So now I have this black thing sitting out under my carport until I finish my shop(nearly done) just moved a year ago this september. Ok Guys, I bought a SUPER ULTRA CLEAN 2000 model SS. It has 90, 458 original miles on it, and looks brand new! It is a six speed, and a true SS car. It is car number 4612 from SLP. The only mods to the car that I know of are as follows, or this is what the guy told me. It has a LS6 intake, It has some stainless headers( I can verify this) I know what headers are LOL. It has 3 inch exhaust from the headers that go back toward the end of the car, and both pipes go into 1 muffler. It is a round long muffler? He said it was a loudmouth from SLP, sounds like a glass pack to me? I dont understand why he would let both the pipes go into one muffler? I would have thrown a set of Flowmasters on each side. I dont see any catalytic converters under there as far as I can tell. The gear shift in the car is very short, almost like a little doorknob. It has z06 Wheels that are really nice, and what looks like some after market suspension. Somewhat reminds me of the old slapper bars, but they are red and tubular. It also has A bar that runs from wheel well to wheel well under the hood. The interior of the car is great (pRISTINE), and the Exterior is great too, minus one little bubble close to the nose of the hood, I am having that fixed. My friend owns a body shop. It has the SS hood, and I have documentation on the way from SLP. (window sticker and birth certificate) I guess I am trying to chime in and see if there are any gear heads that made the transition from the old iron to the new stuff? I would really like to meet someone, and get some pointers or help, maybe a little advice when I get ready to start making some serious power. SO if there is anyone around that can see the light, shoot me a pm, and I will give you my phone number. I cant even tell if the intake is from a LS6? They look the same to me. black piece of plastic with humps that look like donuts. Its going to be a learning process for me, and Im going to need some help. I dont expect anything for free, I will buy the beer, and pay for someones gas over here, or would just be plenty thankful for some advice.
Thanks guys,
Rock

Im gonna post a couple pics.

I know the car originally came from the Dallas area I think .

Can you guys tell if that intake is any different from the stock LS1 intakes? I cant tell the damn difference....
Attached Thumbnails Redneck has entered the building!!-20130728_1.jpg   Redneck has entered the building!!-20130728_5.jpg   Redneck has entered the building!!-20130728_15.jpg   Redneck has entered the building!!-20130728_10.jpg   Redneck has entered the building!!-20130728_2.jpg  

Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

You probably do have SLP catback, and please dont throw "flowmasters" on it... Flowmaster Catback is One of the worst flowing exhausts on these cars...

Either way, welcome and congrats on a clean purchase
Old 08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Teching In

thanks for the welcome black, my car has no catbacks, straight headers to 3 inch pipe to slp loudmouth ? thanks also to all the people who did not welcome me!!! anyways, I made a good trade today with barracuda 440 he and one of his friends came over and we made a good deal. they are good straight up honest guys. I got me a turbo now anyway, gonna put it away in the corner. I tried to post this ad in the parts classified but it wouldnt let me? anyways this is a list of **** I nee/want fer my car. I need a good boost gauge, a wideband, a sts oil return oil cap, a good set of lowering springs 2 inch please, a nice 9 inch or 12 bolt ready to bolt in rear end, a good clutch set up for t56, a nice cam/head package for turbo( want the gaskets, pushrods, studs etc..)
thanks
gyp

mods please feel free to toss this over in the i need stuff section please. i dont have the clout yet?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

It is an LS6 intake. Looks like you've got a nice car. Welcome.

Quick Reply: Redneck has entered the building!!