Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newb with a S-10

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb with a S-10

Hello, came here looking for info on a build. Starting at the beginning I used to own a 84 Monte SS with a mild 350. My plans were to do a full frame off resto on the car and put a 6.0L in it with a manual trans. I had all Autometer gauges in the dash and almost every wear part on the car had been replaced. Car was given to me by my Dad as a graduation present and it was our project together. Well, the car was stolen last year and has never been found. I stepped away from anything cars for a while but I recently got the urge to get back to wrenching and started looking for a project.

Picked up a 89 GMC S-10/S-15 for $1000. Has 108K miles on the 4.3L, zero rust, and a near mint interior. Got a deal on a 5.3L long block for $100. It had gotten antifreeze in the oil and wasn't taken care of and spun a bearing in it somewhere. Going to get it checked out and get the short block back in working order, throw a bigger cam in it and new springs on the heads, put a carbed intake on it, and drop it in the S-10 I bought. I'd like to make it a manual trans but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Going to be doing some research on getting the motor in the little truck and getting my 50 posts so I can maybe find some deals on parts.

Quick Reply: Newb with a S-10