Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Time to give the Muricah v8 world a try

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to give the Muricah v8 world a try

Hi guys my name is David. After owning imports my whole life it's time for a change. I got tired of my subaru blowing up so I thought I'd try out some domestic muscle. I picked up a 2001 SS with 164k miles from it's original owner. So far I like it besides the crappy gas mileage Im getting. Passed smog cleaner than I thought it was possible. And ran a 13.7@104mph with just a muffler delete and slp lid with a slipping clutch and 1 sidewall bigger tires. So in stock trim its pretty quick. My subaru outback I had did a 13.0@107 with a bigger turbo so just bolt ons and I should be near there. Gonna be modding the camaro pretty quickly because thats my one and only hobby. Cars!
Attached Thumbnails Time to give the Muricah v8 world a try-photo.jpg   Time to give the Muricah v8 world a try-photo-1-.jpg   Time to give the Muricah v8 world a try-334366_476753319023736_1619181657_o.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:03 AM
gnx
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet I love those cars my lsx454 powered trans am was a beast and i could not done it without the help of fastlane here in houston they giving them a call and ask for nick if you need anything they will match any price on the web,any can build anything you want,old school new school custom turbos,blower,stroker you name it they have my ZL1 right now.its got 612,and heading for 650-700rwhp. I have had it for 2 weeks and its been there twice already. this is a link to their new show and their web site enjoy the pics.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...pe=1&source=11
Old 09-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDavid
Hi guys my name is David. After owning imports my whole life it's time for a change. I got tired of my subaru blowing up so I thought I'd try out some domestic muscle. I picked up a 2001 SS with 164k miles from it's original owner. So far I like it besides the crappy gas mileage Im getting. Passed smog cleaner than I thought it was possible. And ran a 13.7@104mph with just a muffler delete and slp lid with a slipping clutch and 1 sidewall bigger tires. So in stock trim its pretty quick. My subaru outback I had did a 13.0@107 with a bigger turbo so just bolt ons and I should be near there. Gonna be modding the camaro pretty quickly because thats my one and only hobby. Cars!
Sweet and welcome to the LS1 Forums you deff need to get those times better I ran a 13.4@107 MPH in my Brothers 01 6spd WS-6 which is the same thing. not sure if you got a a4 though?
Well you already got the Ls6 intake which is alot better so If I were you I'd run long tubes with cats(if you care about emmisions) a SLP LM1 exhaust,Lid and get a good tune on your car and 12.89@110 should be about right.

Quick Reply: Time to give the Muricah v8 world a try