Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

First Time LS1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time LS1 Owner

I realized I already broke the first rule of this forum by posting this in the wrong thread as I mistakenly posted in New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech before I realized there was a thread just for Intros, so here it is:

Picked up a 2000 Camaro Z28 A4 with a couple of bolt ons last week. Was looking for a streetable hot rod to take to the track as much as possible. Since I'm in Los Angeles and have to deal with smog, I was originally after a pre- 1975, but I couldn't get over how quick and reliable the LS1 setup is, and ended up finding a smokin' deal on this car.

The car has what looks like a generic K&N ripoff cold air intake (I've now learned is likely an SLP), cat delete w/ Flowmaster (which will be an issue with smog next time around). The car has a rebuilt transmission with shift kit and trans cooler. It came with about half of a Zex dry nitrous kit not yet installed, so I'll be piecing that together as well as putting MT Drag Radials on it very soon. Should be running mid-12's soon for under $5000 in a damn good looking car!

I've already been reading up on a bunch of topics, and I'm sure I'll have many more questions once I start digging in, and more appropriately once I start breaking ****. (I'm already saving for a Moser 9")

Any SoCal folks hit me up especially if you ever run at Irwindale on Thursday nights!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site! The LS platform is a very strong one making more average power per cube that alot of others. Although it is also a very addictive hobby. I've put more into my car in the two years I've owned it than I paid for it originally. It is definitely fun however.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:34 AM
gnx
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wecome here are some free advise and free hp if you dont already know
Free Mods (And Low-Buck)
Descreen MAF - Screen is removed from MAF in theory to increase airflow, $0. Real Performance Motorsports and many other shops do not recommend this mod
Cut EGR Tube in LS1 Manifold - EGR tube is cut down in intake manifold to increase airflow, $0
Airbox Mod - Factory lower airbox and airdam are modified to pull more air in from underneath the car, $0
Throttle-Body Coolant Bypass - Engine coolant is not routed to the throttle body, thereby allowing for a cooler charge $5-$15

Read more: http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...#ixzz2gGwouwyH

ALSO if you have any questions try nick@fastlaneturbo.com he is a good person to get to know his has done my 98 lsx454,my 2005 srt10 viper,& my ZL1 all with over 650 rwhp,and a lot of free help, check out their new show
and my cars

Attached Thumbnails First Time LS1 Owner-q.jpg   First Time LS1 Owner-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: First Time LS1 Owner