Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally LS1 Capable

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally LS1 Capable

Hello guys,

This isn't entirely my first time around, but it's certainly the first time I'll be deeply involving myself in the community. Some may be familiar with me through my post for my 98 Eagle Talon here in Memphis. I'm happy to say that she found a good home and is going to be well taken care of. In return I picked up a very clean 2000 Z28. I wasn't exactly looking for a Camaro but the vehicle seems to be in good condition besides one outstanding issue and it was driven to me over 800 miles.

I have an extensive background in the DSM community, but was never a fan of the attitude that most DSM owners gave off. I'm hoping that this community offers a bit more companionship and education instead of the "I'm better than you" attitude that 98% of that community had. I've gone through several DSMs, rehabilitating them and getting them back to driving condition as well as building a handful of high horsepower capable ones as well. I've joined the high boost club and, well, it left me lacking.

I've always been a fan of the LS1 platform and though this is my first, I've got my feet wet in the past with a 97 LT1 6 Speed with a handful of mods including a Moser 12 bolt rear. Now here I am with an Auto Z28 that is just what I was looking for. No internal mods and all basic bolt-ons taken care of as well as suspension work. I'm looking to put out upwards of 400rwhp. Not asking too much at all. I'm aware I'll need a cam and some tuning but it'll come with time. Right now the most outstanding issue is a sort of dragging noise coming from both rear wheels above 35mph. The rear end has been pulled apart and checked multiple times and everything comes back good with it making great contact. Wheel bearings have been changed, etc. So I'm stumped over that, but apparently it's been going on since the Richmods were installed.

So I'm here to learn, ask questions, and enjoy the new platform. Anywho, here are the pics and the goodies information.

Hooker Long Tubes
ORY Pipe
No cats
SLP LM1 Exhaust
Lid
Ported/Polished Throttle Body
Throttle Body Bypass
LS6 intake
BMR Lowering Springs
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Panhard Bar
UMI Torque Arm Relocation Crossmember
UMI Adjustable Torque Arm with Driveshaft Loop
UMI 2pt sfc
Rear Airshocks
Upper Shock Tower Bar
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Hocthkis Front and Rear Sway Bars
Richmond 3.73 Gears
TA Rear Girdle

===

Stock Block/Heads

Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Welcome aboard man. Once the LS bug bites you it holds a death grip (for some people anyways)
Old 10-13-2013, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome! Nice car and congrats on purchase

Quick Reply: Finally LS1 Capable