Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the ls world

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the ls world

Never made an introduction when I first joined but still fairly new. Just turned 20 about a month ago and from Indiana. Own a '01 formula which is my second car I've owned. My first was a '96 grand cherokee which lasted for about a year until the transmission went out. Ended up with the t/a because it was my brothers and he had just bought a 350z so I had to have a car to get to and from work so figured why not. Im completely new to working on cars and so far it's been fun, first thing I did was a tune up but had to skip 2 of the plugs (bet you can't guess which ones), then had to change my alternator when it went out, put on a slp lid, and last weekend changed the power steering pump and hose and had my brother change the last 2 plugs. All of the plugs were AC delco except #8, it was a denso, is that the original plug? It was having a misfire but now that one has been changed, it's been running great. My brother had wrecked it, unfortunately, so it still has some work to do to it, but not much. Im excited to get it looking good again, anyone know where to get the original firebird front license plate cover for fairly cheap, I hate the look of it without it.
Attached Thumbnails New to the ls world-forumrunner_20131015_081204.jpg  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

welcome! i think you can get a new plate cover on hawksthirdgenparts.com, but you will probably have to paint it
Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are having a hard time getting to the rear plugs try taking off the coil packs. It makes it alot easier to get to the plugs

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Ended up getting a new plate on Ebay for $18, but im thinking since I won it for so low, the guy isn't going to send it which is upsetting.

I tried taking the coil pack off but that last bolt all the way in the back I couldn't get.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:53 AM

Where at in Indiana are you located? I'm near Terre Haute.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Nice! Im on the east side of Indy

Quick Reply: New to the ls world