Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the LS Platform 4.8 to 6.2 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the LS Platform 4.8 to 6.2 Swap

Hey Everyone,

I am going to try this again since it doesn't appear the first post made it out.

I am new to the LS platform and looking for some help/advice for 4.8 to 6.2 swap out. I have custom built "Jeep" crawler that was originally built with a 2002 4.8 and doesn't produce the torque and horsepower I need to get 1,000 lbs of tires and wheels spinning so I have purchased a 2008 L92 6.2 out of an Escalade and hope this will do the trick.

I am looking for any foreseen problems I will run into with the swap out. I have the 6.2 engine, wiring harness, ecm, sensors, switches, and all of the bolt ones with the 6.2. I am fairly confident that the ecm will have to be changed due to the VVT in the new engine but not 100% sure since computerized control is all new to me. I have always built old school carb set ups but time to move forward.

I am not too worried about the transmission since I am staying with the custom built Hughes set up with the 2,000 stall that I currently have in it but not sure if this will affect the TPS.

I apologize for my ignorance in the matter but trying to learn quickly since I have a limited amount of time for the swap since I live overseas and only get home a couple of times a year and trying to get ready for a race in February with only one week to do it.

I also need to replace the intake since the donor Caddy was in a crunch and cracked the original so what would be a recommendation for something that will produce good torque and horsepower from 2,000 to 6,000 rpms?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome and be sure to check the conversions & hybrids section to get your questions answered.

Quick Reply: New to the LS Platform 4.8 to 6.2 Swap