Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from South Korea

Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from South Korea

Hello All,

My name is Bryan and (for now) I live in South Korea. I am married with 3 kids. That's about all of the boring stuff that nobody REALLY cares about. Everyone cares about the cars:

I came out here just over a year ago and about 5 months ago my wonderful wife texted me while she was out shopping asking me if I wanted to buy a Nova that was for sale. I laughed it off because I was sure the guy was asking way more than I was even comfortable starting the conversation at. Out of curiosity, she found out what the guy was asking and it was within the range to start negotiations. A few $'s later, it belonged to me.

It's a 1974 Chevy Nova SS that has been treated to a 383 matched up to a TH350. It's not perfect but it's not a bad car. If nothing else, I get the story of buying a Nova in Korea!

Anyway, I'll finish this novel by saying that I came here to this forum to learn about LS swaps. When I get back to the states, I'm leaning towards replacing the Gen 1 SBC with a LS1/4L60e to make it a comfortable cruiser that can handle daily driving.

Here she is right now, I look forward to learning as much as I can about the LS swaps.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome to LS1 Tech. Bryan ! Nice Nova Congrats !

There is a wealth of information on this Forum.

Installing an LS1, LS2, or LS3 in your Nova would be awesome but one thing for sure is it could get expensive & its going to be alot of work for sure.

You will need a custom wiring Harness, LS1 Computer & sensors to operate an LS1 Engine in your car. Same for the Electronic Overdrive Transmission.

Make sure you do ALOT of Research here on LS1 tech. before you start your conversion.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Thanks--I certainly plan to do all the research I can. When I start shopping, I'll be looking for something like an 01-02 Camaro that's been wrecked/totaled and I can buy the whole car as a donor. That way I can take the engine, transmission, all computers, brakes, rear end, maybe even seats, EVERYTHING. I plan on going with an aftermarket harness rather than trying to hack mine or the donor's to fit.

Ive been driving the 383 and TH350 and I've learned 2 very important things: this combo is not a street-friendly combo for daily driving. I want to be able to DD this thing so I've gotta go to fuel injection with at least a 4spd. I can go for an LS or I can get an aftermarket EFI intake and a 700R-4. I'll make more power on the LS and probably spend about the same as if I went the other route.

I'm definitely looking forward to it and I'm reading every sticky and conversion/swap write-up so that I've at least got a basic idea of what to expect.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello from South Korea