Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from CT

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from CT

Hi all,

Just figured I would put up an introducion.

Not new to the car world, I help run a local Ct subaru forum. I've owned something from every genre of vehicles, but I have been mainly into subarus for the better part of 7 years. I know, another subaru guy .

My last GM was a 79 monte carlo with cam'd 350 and normal bolt-ons.

Two years ago, while driving to work one day, my Legacy GT wagon 5mt, decided to expel all of it's oil via a blown turbo seal, and cook all the main bearings. Motor still ran, but it was toast, so out it came the following night. Over the past two years I have been building an ej257, for which a PT5858 with 44mm ewg was destined. RWD conversion was to be done, as I had already gotten a spare center diff that I removed the clutch packs and TIG welded up. The engine has been sitting complete (intake, exh, accesories) on a stand for 3 months now, and every single item has been procured to install in the car with the new turbo set-up. Why do I hesitate? Because I'm scared to put another ej series engine back in my car, knowing that I'll always be scared of it failing again. I'm not willing to accept that after all the money spent. I want peace of mind.

So here I am, after lurking for months, while watching other folks builds, and doing research. I'm on the doorstep of a large part-out F/S thread on my subaru forums, and getting ready to commit myself to buying an ls series swap with t56 trans. I am really liking the idea of on-demand torque, and 425+whp with a cam and tune. I am fully aware that fab work, and alot of patience (mostly with the electrical work) is required.

I have, and am looking forward to learning more on this forum. I apologize ahead of time if I "lean" on some of the more seasoned veterans with questions. I'm usually pretty proficient with using the search button though!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome aboard. What part of CT you from? Sounds like you have a great project idea.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mjs1012
Welcome aboard. What part of CT you from? Sounds like you have a great project idea.
Thank you.

Well I previously resided in Sterling (NE CT right on RI border). Moved to Groton in June because I got hitched and house is too small for our growing family. I work at Pratt & Whitney in Middletown, and I have to travel all over the state often, haha. I know a few people down in New Milford area.

I have 2 other cars besides the wagaon, and since she's been down for 2 years already I'm saying "Well hell, what's another X years?"
Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Welp, put partout threads on my subaru boards and started shopping for ls drivetrains.

Quick Reply: New guy from CT