Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New GTO Owner and motorsport nut!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GTO Owner and motorsport nut!

I've lurked for a while and posted my 2004 GTO's build thread a few weeks ago, but never had a chance to introduce myself...

My name is Ashley and I've been a car nut since I was in my teens...my father being an old school Chevy man as well so I was raised in a car loving family. My first car was a 1991 Miata, followed by a 1996 turbo Miata that I took to AutoXs.

In my college years I found drifting and fell in love. Started out as a photographer/videographer for a Texas grassroots drifting organization. Before long I bought my own car, a bone stock 1991 240sx I promptly put a Skyline's RB25 turbocharged 6 cylinder into. I ended up parting out the project after a blown turbo, fried ECU, and other problems.

Spent 4 years falling on love with motorcycles both on and off road when I lived in Austin, TX. When I moved back to Houston I never rode my street bikes because of the straight roads, and ended up having too many health problems to ride motocross reliably. I still have my mini supermoto KTM65 for the track though!

So that brings us to the present where I sold my 2009 Yamaha R1 in June 2013 and promptly bought my 2004 GTO I have for a race/street project. Originally I wanted to swap an LS1 into a 240sx chassis, but after finding a good deal on the GTO I couldn't pass it up! I'm loving the chassis and engine combo so far, looking like it will be a very capable car!

Also just wanted to say thanks to LS1 TECH for being a respectable online community. A lot of excellent info here and very little flaming. That's nice for a change

Last edited by chixwithtrix; 12-11-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: New GTO Owner and motorsport nut!