Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member from NastyZ28

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from NastyZ28

Over on NastyZ28 my username is ATM, that is taken here so I suppose I have to go after a new name. At any rate I'm building a 79 Camaro, there is a project thread there documenting it's whole restoration. There is not a nut or bolt on the car that I have not handled, cleaned and painted everything, POR15'ed the entire inside and underside/firewall, etc. It's been a budget build from the start and I think it should turn out very nice once it is done.

I've been working out a deal with an engine builder, I made him a website, he was to build my engine. I had everything, new forged internals, vortec heads, block that just needed checked out, ARP bolts, gaskets, everything. Just needed to check it over and build it. That was 2 years ago. Latest fiasco is he was porting the heads and went through. That head has been at the repair place for two months.

So, that is what leads me here. When I got this car about 4 years ago I was very interested in going the LS route, but it seemed like this was somewhat out of league at the time. Now though, not so much. I'm looking in to forgoing the current engine build, selling it off and getting a LS and OD trans to put in the car. I will more than likely be lurking, reading and absorbing information for a while, gathering up a wish list and getting a good understanding on what will build a decent option for my car.

Thanks
Steve
Old 01-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

welcome
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Steve!
told you that this was a great site!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I'll be doing some reading here for sure. The site looks great so far. Makes me want another 4th gen Camaro as well.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Steve, I'm on Nasty also with you and Chris, my handle there is stroked383. I'm also going the LS route on my 79 Camaro. This site is great for anything LS, lots of knowledge and deals to be had on parts.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome , I'm on nasty z too ,75maro, and I'm putting a 5.3 in my 2nd gen. Great info here and good deals on parts too
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Welcome..

Quick Reply: New Member from NastyZ28