Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here, gathering parts to swap an L33 and T56 + Turbo into S14 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, gathering parts to swap an L33 and T56 + Turbo into S14 240sx

Hello,

I am new to the site as a member, been lurking for some time now gathering info. I'm just starting to collect parts to swap an L33 and T56 into my S14 240sx and it seems like I may have an easier time buying parts if I at least sign up! The plan is to use truck manis and v-band them to run a crossover pipe holding a big single turbo on the passenger side of the bay.

The car/chassis has some pretty nice pieces lying in wait. The drivetrain is pretty much the last piece of the puzzle.

I'm going to be looking for advice on how to streamline my build or save money on a better solution to issues I may run into. Going to be looking for constructive criticism where it can be offered so feel free to add it.

I'll be posting a build thread once it warms up and I can start making progress. My goal is an easy 600whp that pulls hard all the way to 7k without being a slouch down low.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a solid build. Should be a really light care, so it should move out really well.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Sounds like a solid build. Should be a really light care, so it should move out really well.
Thanks! I am hoping to keep it under 3k #'s with me and 3/4 tank of fuel.

Hopefully being lightweight and running a bigger turbo (read non-restrictive) with a custom cam will keep it peppy out of boost and running strong to redline without falling off.

I just ordered a 74k mile L33 from one of the yards I deal with on the regular, and I also managed to snag a 46k mile GTO T56 from one of their sister yards so it's starting to come together. The T56 will be run through a 3.692 rear gear in the stock nissan pumpkin with a spool, axles will be an issue...

Anyone selling a LS6 intake manifold / LS1/2/6 style AN fuel rails and large 80#+ injectors for a fair price please feel free to PM me
Old 02-11-2014, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Welcome! There's a couple 240 builds on here already, give them a troll.

Also under 3k is very doable, and with a full tank.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 AM
8 Second Club

Sounds unique which already automatically wins in my book! Welcome!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BoostinIx
Welcome! There's a couple 240 builds on here already, give them a troll.

Also under 3k is very doable, and with a full tank.
Seen your build on silviav8forums, love how clean everything is. I had been going back and forth on doing an LS3 swap so I am definitely interested in what you have going on. Looking forward to seeing progress on that thing.

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
Sounds unique which already automatically wins in my book! Welcome!
Thanks man, I see you are boosted, very popular these days it seems. Looking forward to sweet V8 AND Turbo sounds myself

Managed to snag a twin disc ACT, some of the ARP hardware I plan on using, and also picked up a complete CTS-V accessory drive. Still reading up on ECU tuning and fueling.

-Alex
Old 04-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Turbo will have to wait, money is going too quick, the direction of the build has changed.

While I am happy with my decision to use an L33, I have invested a lot of money on LS variant parts. I realize now I could have spent about the same amount starting with a low mileage LS1 or LS6 instead. I do plan to eventually boost the motor but for now it will be N/A.

I have installed BTR Platinum .660 springs and stainless manley valves and milled the heads .005. I am going to run Cometic MLS HG's at .030 compressed in addition to the milling to bump compression up above 10:1. I have received most of my swap kit and recently picked up an AEM plug and play LS1 ECU.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM

i know someone with a 370 turbo t56 240. its pretty sick
Old 04-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lsxstudebaker
i know someone with a 370 turbo t56 240. its pretty sick
I can't disagree with you there. I will have to add FI eventually, as cool as a LS sounds, adding turbo still makes it better.

Quick Reply: New here, gathering parts to swap an L33 and T56 + Turbo into S14 240sx