Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2006 LQ4 in a 68 RS Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 LQ4 in a 68 RS Camaro

Hello everyone!!!

I have owned my 68 RS for almost 30 yrs now (I am 50) and I am just starting to restore it. I picked up a 6.0 LONGBLOCK out of a 2006 Express the other day but that's all I could get. Everything else was gone so I have only the longblock to start with here.

My car is a factory A/C car and I would very much like to have WORKING A/C when it's all said and done. I am not looking for a million HP on this project, just a good healthy 6.0 with maybe a cam upgrade. I want it to be as efficient as possible so I can actually afford to drive it.

Should I just get rid of this LONGBLOCK and find an engine with EVERYTHING included or does someone out there have a list of all the items I would need?

I am brand new to the LS platform and would appreciate your guys advice on this.

I have a 2000 5.7 vortec that is still in the Express 2500 van. I haven't ruled out using it for the build but I am dying to put an LS in the Camaro. Either way I will probably use the 4L80E Transmission that is in the 2000 Express van.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Old 05-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Teching In

If you can afford it defiantly buy a complete swap. Hunting down nuts, bolts, brackets and accessories is taking me forever. I'm on an extreme budget though or I would have sprung for a LS2 complete swap out of a GTO.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Yeah man, I have so much other things I have to do to the car that I am having to save anywhere I can on this project. Good Luck with yours.

Quick Reply: 2006 LQ4 in a 68 RS Camaro