Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Post #1 Doing my research for my LS swap/Foxbody

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post #1 Doing my research for my LS swap/Foxbody

Hello and how are you!?!? I'm and old SBF/Fox guy coming over to the dark side because I bought an 09 5.3 trailblazer and it is the best thing since sliced bread and these motors are cheap! I've been over at Corral.net for a long time and I've been quietly trolling this site for over a year.

I've done more than a few SBF's and there is simply no ignoring the LS platform. Is there a listing somewhere of what engines come with what tranny's? I've read the 4l60e's are a bit fragile when modded and beat on but they seem to the standard truck tranny. Lq9/4l80e even with a stock converter and a small cam/4.10's I'm pretty sure would go 11's fully swapped for less than $3k including headers and swap parts odd and ends. LS3/T56 is the dream and worth the 6-7k you pay out of a wrecked camaro for what you get but the lq4's and 9's are so cheap. I just want to do the whole swap engine/trans/harness/pedal(if needed) to get it on the road and I want durability because no matter what I put in a 2800# fox it's going to fly.

All information welcome.

Thanks
Brent
Old 05-29-2014, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, and make sure the check out the Conversions subforum for assistance with your swap.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exeodus
Welcome, and make sure the check out the Conversions subforum for assistance with your swap.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Post #1 Doing my research for my LS swap/Foxbody