Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

FNG from King George, VA

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG from King George, VA

Guys, my name is Scott and I am in the process of building a 1951 Chevy 5 window pick up, LQ4/4L80E, 9" Ford Rear, Roush/Yates Nodular pumpkin out of a cup car with 3.45 ratio. This truck is a legitimate barn find and a frame off project. $ wheel disc brakes, coil over rear, Mustang II IFS, with power rack and pinion steering. I have never done anything with an LS set up before so my learning curve will be a roller coaster, so looking forward to the wisdom, advice and experience I can glean from you guys!

Scott
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome! You're not too far from MIR. Do you go make it to that track? Also, what does your screen name Mdbtyhtr mean?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha guys,

I live about 45 minutes from MIR if you drive the speed limit. I'm new to LS1 Tech and High performance LS engines; however, I have been hot rodding SBC and BBC for years. When I returned from the 2012 Holley LS Fest, I started selling my SBC and BBC stuff. "If you can't beat them, join (swap)them"!

I have this thing for wagons and El Camino's. I have two 83 Malibu Wagons. One is pure stock with a V-6 and is my driver. The other one is my sleeper with a BBC. I can not part with either wagon, so I'm going to swap in a 09 G8 LS2 & 6 speed auto trans in the V-6 wagon. I have the engine harness, controllers and the gas pedal. I would love to hear of similar swaps and welcome any advise to make the swap go as smooth as possible.

Thanks all.

Sleeper Wagons.

Quick Reply: FNG from King George, VA