Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Thanks Already!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:13 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Default Thanks Already!

I've been trolling around on LS1tech for quite a while, and finally decided I should just join. I have a 1999 Trans Am that I basically converted to LS6 specs, but the interior looks like crap - seat bolsters, door panel cracks, dash pad in pieces (typical F-body stuff).

I also drive a 1982 LS10. This one has a cool story. My father in law bought it new - one of the first ones off the assembly line, and it was so ugly it wouldn't sell. Canary yellow with a big white stripe. He put 358K on it and moved away, giving it to me. My daughter wanted it for her car, so we set about on the three year saga to insert LS2+auto. Now when it's your car, you can just wedge it in. When it's your daughter's, you have to make sure it is very safe. The main reason I went with an LS was not power, but reliability and (believe it or not) fuel economy. A 400 HP LS2 gets better mileage than the carbureted 2.8L it replaced.

So, we took the body off and beefed up the frame and suspension so that it could put the torque to the ground. Then, we completely redid the body and painted atomic orange. Then, we took a truck 5.3 and converted the whole top end to LS2 (243 heads + Z06 cam + intake +electric gas pedal). We put it back on the truck 4L60 and put a 2.73 rear end behind it to help control wheel hop. Had to pay someone to finish it when I got hurt, but they did a better job than I could have anyway. Kept the AC, and when my daughter gets back from summer with the in laws (or outlaws - either or), it's her truck just in time for college. Still need to do some interior work, but it's a killer truck.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts
So, the reason I said "Thanks Already" - I have learned a tremendous amount from this site in general, such as:

1. Don't get in the middle of a FR8TRAIN / FLASHWS6 flame war
2. How to solder the BCM to get the radio and windows to work
3. How to upgrade the PCV valve -after it fills your intake with oil and plugs up to the point of choking the engine
4. How to change the master cylinder a bunch of times and *finally* just get a Tick
5. When you want a cam upgrade, get a hold of Pat G
6. How to bleed the clutch master by yourself.
7. Why the car shakes really bad at 80mph in 6th, but not 4th - same speed.
8. Don't bother upgrading from LS1 to LS2 intake manifold, even though it's cheap.
9. How to change the window motors without disassembling the entire door - which I then did on someone else's car a month later, and they thought I was a genius. They were right, but not for that one, anyway.
10. 8,743 different variations of "What are the stock specs of..... (cam/throttle/compression/head/shocks/rear axle/tires)?" By the way, if you're also new, you probably arent asking something new. The site is easy to search, been doing it for three years now.

11. Most importantly I've learned y'all seem to have each others' backs and enjoy helping each other work through problems. Great group of people on here. Looking forward to getting to know you better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks Already!