Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello everyone! newbie has a LS engine swap question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone! newbie has a LS engine swap question.

Hello everyone just joined your forum & looking for some engine help. i am wanting to do a LS engine swap on a 2004-2009 Infiniti G35/37 Coupe. looking for opinions on which motor & tranny to go with. wanting between 400-520 hp & 400 lb.-ft+. i can get a used 2005-2007 LS2 from a VETTE or GTO & freshen it up. the numbers would be right there & with a few bolt ons can get closer to 500hp. or a new LS3 crate motor with mid 400 on hp & tq for around $6700-8000. i know i'll need the ECU but not worried about that. i would like to supercharge it down the road, the compression on the LS3 is kinda high. which would be the better choice for my build, or is there a better LS i should consider? on the transmission due to physical limitations i have to have a automatic, which may have to keep the hp & tq under 500. i would love to have a shiftable transmission but i don't think GM has one yet. any ideas on which transmission would be the best for my needs? i know there will be a lot of others things i need to take care of to do this swap, i am just looking for motor & tranny opinions. thanks to anyone that responds to this post.

Quick Reply: Hello everyone! newbie has a LS engine swap question.