Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings - Another new guy putting an LS in a Porsche! 2 Swaps?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings - Another new guy putting an LS in a Porsche! 2 Swaps?!?!

Hello everyone!

I'm John, I used to lurk around here many moons ago when I had my 99 Camaro SS but I got bit by the Porsche bug about 10 years ago. Now I've been working in Porsche shops for several years repairing and restoring them and have a great time doing it.

I like projects and finally finished my last one and need a new one... so if any of you are Porsche people you know that the Porsche market has gone completely nuts and finding good classic project cars for a good price these days is just about impossible! So I was surfing the auction sites and came across a Nice little Porsche Boxster S that had "Mechanical Damage". Right up my alley! Well long story short the car is pretty good but the motor is not! Sooo instead of putting another ticking time bomb in this car for Por$che money, I've convinced myself to scrap the flat six and put an LS motor in its place!!

Even better then that if all goes well I am hoping to starting completing these types of installations at our shop! As a matter of fact my boss has committed that if I sold a certain car for him (Which was basically sold Friday!!), we would convert a 1990 Porsche 944 S2 that we have at our shop with a bad motor as a shop project!

Not sure of the details on how we will build the 944 yet as I have been focusing on the Boxster. If all goes well I plan to use the car as somewhat of a shop demo car so I would like to build it as professionally as possible... that being said, here's the plan!

2000 Porsche Boxster S - somewhat of a sleeper as it doesn't sport the S badge on the back
Planning to use the Renegade Hybrids conversion kit
Planning to use new GM crate motor - LS376-480 with hot cam

Hopefully as long as all of my questions are answered in a favorable manor I'll get some parts ordered this week and start tearing the old motor this week!

Thanks!
J

Here are a few pics of the hopefully soon to be Boxster LS!
Attached Thumbnails Greetings - Another new guy putting an LS in a Porsche! 2 Swaps?!?!-img_5596.jpg   Greetings - Another new guy putting an LS in a Porsche! 2 Swaps?!?!-img_5597.jpg   Greetings - Another new guy putting an LS in a Porsche! 2 Swaps?!?!-img_5598.jpg  
Old 01-02-2015, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Default Ls boxster

Good luck sir,I hope to do the same thing!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Updates yet?
Old 01-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Teching In

If you are looking for any ideas, check some other posts of similar builds.
My 996 build has been going through some changes (away from RH kit) to give more room in the engine bay. Check it out if you want!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

I've been following your thread on the 986 forum, its amazing! Heres a link for anyone who is interested http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell...onversion.html

Quick Reply: Greetings - Another new guy putting an LS in a Porsche! 2 Swaps?!?!