Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hows it going fellas

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows it going fellas

Hey guys I've been ghost reading your forum for about a month now and finally decided to make a SN. I'm actually a Toyota guy that bought an Rx8 last month with a blown engine and am fixing to do an LSx swap and ditch the rotary. I like them but $>hp an LS swap seems more viable.

Just a heads up. Push rods are a new world to me and I'm trying to familiarize myself as much as I can with them and the LS platform before I begin my swap. So far they seem to be a lot simpler then Toyota's Dohc V8's. But I'm still going to have a lot of questions so please bare with me.

Moving on here's our swap candidate ! She's an 04 Mazda Rx8 MT with 92k on the body and has blown up her 4th engine. I cant decide on whether I want to use a 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0... haha decisions decisions...

Cheers,
Eric

Last edited by Eric_LX8; 09-14-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of those engines will get you where you want, and expense will be in line with size. However, 6.0 is going to be the most efficient N/A if you go that route and normally a little stronger than the 5.3 under boost.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar
All of those engines will get you where you want, and expense will be in line with size. However, 6.0 is going to be the most efficient N/A if you go that route and normally a little stronger than the 5.3 under boost.
The 4.8 seems to be the cheapest out of the trio. My power go to start with is 300rwhp at least until I get all the kinks worked out with the swap. I know that I'll have to swap to an Ls1/6 intake manifold, fuel rails, injectors, GTO water pump and F body oil pan to make the engine fit. But even after all that it'll still be cheaper then a an Lq9 for example.

Now to get to my power goal since it's a 4.8 I assume it'll take a bit more to get to where I want to be right?

I was going to go ahead and get an Ls6 manifold, 92mm TB, 02+ ls6 cam tune. That should get me close to my power goal right? If not what would you guys recommend?
Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Eric_LX8
The 4.8 seems to be the cheapest out of the trio. My power go to start with is 300rwhp at least until I get all the kinks worked out with the swap. I know that I'll have to swap to an Ls1/6 intake manifold, fuel rails, injectors, GTO water pump and F body oil pan to make the engine fit. But even after all that it'll still be cheaper then a an Lq9 for example.

Now to get to my power goal since it's a 4.8 I assume it'll take a bit more to get to where I want to be right?

I was going to go ahead and get an Ls6 manifold, 92mm TB, 02+ ls6 cam tune. That should get me close to my power goal right? If not what would you guys recommend?
Get a custom cam specd for your application, and don't be shy about letting them know what you plan to do with the car either. Pat g, Geoff at EPS, Martin at Tick per. Just a couple big name valve train gurus for the ls world. Good luck with the buid! should be sweet!

Quick Reply: Hows it going fellas