Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Dreaming

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreaming

I've always been a big GM muscle car fan and owned quite few, but I pretty much love all cars.

1970 Chevelle SS396
1970 El Camino SS396
1968 Camaro RS (I completed a four year (sub)frame off resto on)
1996 Corvette LT4
2005 C6 Corvette (heads, cam, 4:11, etc, etc $$$)
IROC-Z Vert (Can't remember what year it was bought on a fluke and sold shortly after)

My last project was 408 roller stroker in a 1974 Bronco. My first and last Ford experience. Converted to fox body EFI. Great learning experience and crazy fast tub of steel.

My tastes change from time to time and currently into Mercedes. I guess it must be old age that leads me to the comfort and engineering of Mercedes. Current toys in the garage (None are DD's just weekend toys):

2003 SL500 (No where near as fast as the C6 but a wonderful automobile)
1992 E500 (If you're not familiar with this model I recommend checking it out. A choice piece of automotive engineering built by Porsche and Mercedes from 1991-1994 - Rare car completely hand built) Pictures in my album.

What brought me here is my other Merc, a 1994 E320 black on black wagon that I have a crazy idea of swapping in an LS motor. I love the comfort and elegance of these wagons but the straight six has got to go. Just in the idea stage at this point, but would be one bad wagon if I can swing it.

Any Mercedes-LS swap experience would be greatly appreciated. I know I must be crazy to even consider this project. What a great sleeper it would make.

Last edited by Maui; 10-09-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Dreaming