Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster....

Old 10-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time lurker, first time poster....

Let me take a moment to introduce myself....

I'm a car nut, for the majority of my driving 'career', I've been driving and modifying imports, mainly Hondas but have dashed in a couple of Lexuses, Toyota, and BMW cars.

I did start off with an 89 Mustang LX as my first car that I modified and then eventually got taken away only to be replaced with an Oldsmobile 1983 Delta 88 Broughm. Those two and a Ford Aerostar were the last of my 'murican car experiences for good measure until last year I finally gave in and bought a truly American made car.

Over the course of the year I started to look at American cars again, and thought of maybe getting a fun car looking at Corvettes or a 1996 Saleen Mustang. As I read up more and more, I leaned towards the GM car.

When I brought it up to my wife, she emphatically gave me a "NO".....if I wanted another car, I'd need to get rid of one or two cars of the 4 we own.

What to do:
Get rid of 2000 Honda S2000 that was the last new car I bought and absolutely love and want to take to the grave with me? Which currently sits in pieces because, 'hey, as a car guy, it's always a project car....even when it's done'.

Get rid of the 2000 Honda S2000 that I bought and built in 2010 as a Xmas present to my wife (she's a bit of a car enthusiast herself).

Get rid of my 2012 Toyota Tacoma that I love and gets my wife, kids, and me through bad winters, camping, and moving car parts from one place to the other. Plus I have mods sitting in the garage for the past year waiting to be installed.

Get rid of my wife's Tesla Model S P85+ which we got last year that I love so much that we put a deposit down on a Model X so that when we get that, I can use the Model S as a DD for myself. BTW, this is the American car I alluded to earlier.

What to do? Don't want to get rid of any of the cars in the stable, have no more room in the garage or driveway and wife is ok with getting another car, but only with conditions that I can't agree to.

I know, I know.....get rid of her. I'd hate to have to field questions from my two kids for the next couple of years asking 'Where'd mommy go?' or 'Why'd mommy leave us?" To which I'd have to answer, "Because, racecar".

So after lurking here for a while, I bought into the idea of dropping an LS motor into my S2000. I know many GM fans hate the idea of dropping one into an import....but oh well.

So that is what I'm here for: learn, find and buy, help with install, post up the build, sit back with a beer and some vodka and read the critiques. Shake down the swap over a little time and then build the motor with the help of LS1tech.

Last edited by Luder94; 10-17-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Teching In

LS in a S2K, do it to it my man! That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, some work yes of course, but Id definitely do it in a heartbeat!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Picked up my LS1 motor, T56 trans, wiring harness, ECM, Comp Magnum rolling rockers, clutch setup, and all accessories except for starter today.

Need to find an intake manifold, throttle body, intake, valve covers, injectors, coilpacks, Z06 oem exhaust manifolds, and starter. Also need to order my swap kit, rear end kit, and a '10+ Camaro SS diff before my swap begins.

Can't wait to drive this car!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to see how this swap goes. If you have any questions or need any parts feel free to give us a shout by email at support@tickperformance.com or give us a call here at the shop - 336.719.0599

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Long time lurker, first time poster....