Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new to LS, not new to GM

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to LS, not new to GM

my first car was a 1976 Cutlass supreme wagon, with the olds 455 and a th400.

I loved that car, the room, the endless torque under the right foot, the simple mechanics and the reliability...I liked everything about it except it was low compression, and drank gas...I could have built the motor, but I bought a bike as it was my DD at the time.

after a while I traded it off for a '68 olds Delta 88 4door with a hi-comp 455 that I put a cam, intake and carb on...it was WAY more powerful than the cutlass, but it didn't have the charm, ran on premium fuel+octane booster+lead additive, and even though it was more powerful, was way slower because of the traction issue.

new to LS, not new to GM-ndnm3m1.jpg

I traded that off for a VW passat with the 1.8 turbo/5 speed, it got the gas mileage I needed to get through that time of my life. I decided the only thing it needed to be the ultimate car was AWD, so one day in my travels I found an A4 quattro with a blown up transmission for chump change, I bought it.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this car, I replaced the stock tranny with a long-ratio trans with a high-ratio center diff, put gauges in it, big-port head, a tune...but now I'm at the point where I have to shell out big money to go faster...and won't go that much faster.

the next step would be a turbo upgrade, I would sacrifice driveability and some gas mileage, and would still be limited at 300hp.

I've decided this car is a DD and nothing more.

I've been reading and reading, trying to learn everything I can about doing an LSx build, and I'm here to get answers and support.

-does anyone have a diagram and pinouts on how to modify the stock harness and use the stock PCM?
-if I buy a T-56 for an LT1 or a C5, how do I modify it to fit an LM7/L33/LQ4?
-what is involved in putting a junkyard holset or ebay turbo on one?
-what is a good cheap light car, that can be DD'd(4 door/wagon), with a big enough bay?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lt1 swap.com has alot of info on the wiring aspect. try to get motor tranny set up with all accesories on them. computor and wiring as well. 03 and newer is drive by wire throttle so get gas pedal/tach box wiring harness with it. im currently doing conversion on a 76 buick skylark. recomend alot of reading/ questions. this site works well for info as well. look at conversion section read stuff people are doing.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Keep us in mind if you need any parts or any tech questions. Just shoot us an email at support@tickperformance.com or call us here at the shop - 336.719.0599

Quick Reply: new to LS, not new to GM