Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

el camino guy trying to do and LY6 SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation el camino guy trying to do and LY6 SWAP

Hi guys,
My name is Abadi am from the Chicago land area
i had my el camino since the past 12 years, did a 350 swap than 383, never had a chance to drive it, just been sitting there with its brand new paint job and interior, and now am trying to get and ly6 with 6l90e , any tips before i start this work, and am looking for someone to help install within the Chicago land area..
thanks alot and here is a link of my car:
https://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php...b#.VGastfnF_uJ
Old 11-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Teching In

im a bit new as well and putting the same combo in a 68 fastback. from what i have read from others ( mostly ls1tech) people favor the ctsv accy brackets as the low mount of the power steering and also the ac unit do not clear the frames/steering boxes on chevelles and caminos, camaros etc.

Also if you do a search on pinouts guys here have posted some good info for your own stand alone harness.

Truck intake will most likely need to be replaced with an ls3 style intake

6l90 tranny has internal tpm.

6l90 is a heavy duty version of the 6l80 and has more "meat" in the tail (overall diamater /length) section requiring nearly all to modify trans tunnel for clearance.

search ly6 on here and you will find a great deal of info

Hope this helps and good luck!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Teching In

thank you sir,
i know i have to a little of welding trying make that 6l90 to fit, but what i have heard is a better new trans, any how can you please help me with a link, am tried my best to look for an engine and trans and they go for about 6000 grand? dose this seem right to you?
Old 12-03-2014, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bawazir
thank you sir,
i know i have to a little of welding trying make that 6l90 to fit, but what i have heard is a better new trans, any how can you please help me with a link, am tried my best to look for an engine and trans and they go for about 6000 grand? dose this seem right to you?
No links sorry, Try copart.com for an auction service (depending on state), Clist, and classifieds on here(ls1tech). You should be able to find one quite a bit cheaper than that Good luck!

Quick Reply: el camino guy trying to do and LY6 SWAP