Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy to Chevys

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy to Chevys

Yep like the title said I am new to Chevy. I bought a 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28 from a guy that was getting out ofmy unit in the Army and needed the cash to get back to New York. I offered him 2 grand and had plans of fixing the small issues with it and selling it to get my cash back. Well I didnt plan on it being a fun car and the wife loves driving it as well so it looks like I have one Chevy in the yard surrounded with all my Mopar products haha. It is bone stock as this point, has the M6 and I plan on piddling with it. I reckon ill be reading a lot on this fourm figguring out what to do with it.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned

Welcome to the site. Pics please and tell us whats wrong with it, if you don't mind.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Well I am on my phone right now Mac so I will have to post pics later. As far as what is wrong it is a few small things like fixing the soft clutch. Figured while I was at it a monster clutch, new slave and master. Might pull trans apart while it's out and check the insides. I'll replace any seals or gaskets while it's out.
The breaks are a little worn so that is in order. A few bushings need replacement. And of course I'll keep looking on eBay or Craigslist and find an ls6 intake and a cam while I'm at it. I would be happy with getting a few cosmetic issues fixed, those mechanical issues and 400hp at the wheel.
I have already fixed or replaced the:
A/c had a leak and recharge
New tires
New battery
Issue with running lights fixed
Old 11-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Banned

Did you have to rewire your running wires bc mine are out as well.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Did you have to rewire your running wires bc mine are out as well.
My bulb socket was burnt badly. I had to get one from the junk yard and solder the wires in.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Minionsram

My bulb socket was burnt badly. I had to get one from the junk yard and solder the wires in.
Nice man. Ive never solder before is it hard?
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Teching In

No. Its easy. Cut your wires off the donor vehicle to give you some extra on the bulb side, then cut your old one off as close to the bulb socket. I use Rosin cored Solder for most electrical, but I have used acid cored in a pinch. Strip both your wires to give you about an inch exposed. stick one inside the other so your wires are weaved in. heat with a butane pin torch and stick the solder on it. Heat shrink at the end. I bought some cheep butane pin torches from harbor freight a few years ago and have paied for them a few times over.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Banned

Thanks man ima definitely have to try this.

Quick Reply: New Guy to Chevys