Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from the show me state!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the show me state!

Hey all just picked up my 2000 Blue Green Chameleon Formula. This will be my first venture into Fbodies. Not my first time modding cars; however, I'm coming from mainly modifying Mustangs. I had a 2009 G8 GT, but sold it before I really got to tear into it any. The last mustang I had was a 2014 5.0. Ran 7.3@96 in the 1/8th with Boss IM, full exhaust, 3700 stall, gears, and E85. That is my goal the I would like to shoot for in the new Formula. I'd like to get as close as I can before eventually spraying the car. My end goal would be to hit below 7.0 in the 1/8th when all is said and done.

The car is a M6 car so I know it will be more difficult to get to my goal than with an auto, but all my previous cars that Iv raced (besides the 2014)have been manuals so I'm not new to that. The car currently has the following mods.

Moser 9' rear
35 spline axles
Wavetrack diff with 4:10 gears
Spohn tubular body mount torque arm w/ driveshaft loop crossmember
Umi tubular LCAs
Umi non adjustable tubular PHB
Umi weld in sub frame connectors
Koni yellows all four corners
Solid motor/trans mounts
Zr1 replica wheels 17x9 17x11 315 nitto nt05rs on the back
Texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes
Off-road Y with moroso spiral flow race muffler dumped
Texas speed 220R cam
Texas speed hardened pushrods
Melling high pressure oil pump
ls6 intake
SLP lid/filter
Monster stage 2 clutch/lightweight flywheel
Mgw shifter

The car is currently at the shop getting true duals with an x pipe ran out the back. I think I'm going to go ahead and order a heads/cam. Right now I'm looking really hard at the patriot promax 64cc stage 2 ls6 heads, and a VRX5 236/238 .601/.605 112+3. Does this sound like a good combo to you guys? If not recommendations? Also I'm thinking with that combo the Ls6 manifold won't be enough. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a fast 92/92 set up, or go with a 4 barrel efi intake with elbow. I would love some input on this from you guys as well. Keep in mind I will eventually be spraying this setup, 100-150 shot more than likely. Also any other recommendations, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh almost forgot I will be getting some skinnies for the front, and some 15x10 for the back and will be running a 27-28" radial/slick.

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Hello from the show me state!