Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

FNG from Yakima WA

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG from Yakima WA

I've been thinking about building a new small block for my 68 chevy- then I realized how much better an LS would be so I came here to research to see if it's something I can pull off on my own. If I'm lucky, I'll roll my suburban this winter and I'll have an instant donor for a 5.3 Seriously, I'm unsure about all the wiring etc and am teetering between an lt1 as a baby step or jumping all in to the LS family.
thanks for the site- I'm sure I'll have lots to read
Old 12-01-2014, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Why would you think going Lt-1 would be any easier for a swap. Yes it bolt in real easy but go Ls route be modern. My advise is to try to get everything from 1 donor vehicle. mixing & matching causes more problems. I just getting finished with a L33 5.3 swap into my 76 skylark. I used a truck harness that came with engine. Not real hard to modify to stand alone using LT1 Swap.coms site on wiring. The drive by wire throttle not to hard to run if thats what you end up with. Its basically electrical telling computor to tell throttle body where to be. Theres alot of 5.3 engines to be had reasonable. Decent power with gas milage as you know already. Good luck.

Quick Reply: FNG from Yakima WA