Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Anyone here from Charlotte or NC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here from Charlotte or NC?

So I'm not technically "new" here, but I am new to the LS1. In September I bought a 2001 SS Camaro 6 speed hardtop in SOM with only 43k. Got a smokin deal on it too.

I'm originally from western NY and I just moved down to Charlotte, NC this past week in search of a career in finance. I'm looking to get involved in the area and meet some locals because I only know a few people right now. Any tips on winging it in a new city are greatly appreciated.

If you're from the area or NC in general, say hello. Or if you just wanna say what's up that's cool too.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome man im in Greensboro NC like hour and half from charlotte....sounds like a nice car....ya got some pics
Old 12-05-2014, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm up in Jamestown about hr from you. My cousin lives in Charlotte and I'm down there a couple times. There are ALOT of guys on here from NC.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

im in greensboro/jamestown......right past w. wendover......near THE RUSH gym...there are some nice rides in charlotte
Old 12-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Glad to hear there are a lot of NC guys. I'm hoping to find some cruise nights and maybe some f-body meetups. I bought the car 100% stock by the way. Except for the power steering cooler delete which I did a few weeks ago. And the skip shift delete I added. Also thinking about adding a SLP lid soon.

found a nice firehawk in parking lot
Old 12-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Nice man......its clean....makes me wanna go get in my car and cruise.....but its wet and muggy out.....it saddens me cuz here in gboro no one really rides or cruises like that anymore....charlotte is bigger than gboro and its nice rides there may be some cruisers out there....
Old 12-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Yeah I hear ya. I've almost put 7,000 miles on it already. I wish I knew more people growing up that was into cars like I am. I spent my summers throwing wrenches at the cars I've owned because I enjoyed it... well for the most part
Old 12-06-2014, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was out the other night and seen a few cars and was driving around with a McLaren 12c. Seen a white SS camaro, silver ws6 and a few mustangs. But it's getting ready to get all torn apart for the turbo kit
Old 12-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedychevy
Yeah I hear ya. I've almost put 7,000 miles on it already. I wish I knew more people growing up that was into cars like I am. I spent my summers throwing wrenches at the cars I've owned because I enjoyed it... well for the most part

Yea I know the feeling....lol

Originally Posted by SCott5
I was out the other night and seen a few cars and was driving around with a McLaren 12c. Seen a white SS camaro, silver ws6 and a few mustangs. But it's getting ready to get all torn apart for the turbo kit
where were you at
Old 12-06-2014, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Main street Jamestown, then road up to high point university then 68 to wendover to Guilford college road
Old 12-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Teching In

It's refreshing to see hot rods and sports cars driving around in december. Not used to that at all where I come from. All the fun cars get put away until at least May. I think I'm going to like it here in the south
Old 12-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SCott5
Main street Jamestown, then road up to high point university then 68 to wendover to Guilford college road

I dont know how long you been in this area but several years back Main st used to be the **** every friday and saturday night.....I mean every parking lot packed all kinds of cars and bikes out.....street races and plenty of girls...people would cruise up and down that street all night long

Originally Posted by speedychevy
It's refreshing to see hot rods and sports cars driving around in december. Not used to that at all where I come from. All the fun cars get put away until at least May. I think I'm going to like it here in the south
Yea winters here do get cold......but as long as its not raining or snow......jus usually clear cold days......plenty fine for riding out.....wont stop me a bit.....i only park mine when its rain or snow.....
Old 12-06-2014, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am going turbo and have some and will have some more parts that I'll be selling if interested..

I have only been here a few months and have driven my camaro maybe three times since I moved here.

Quick Reply: Anyone here from Charlotte or NC?