Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Firebird Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Firebird Owner

I just purchased a 1999 Firebird Formula. It has 33,000 miles and sadly it's an auto . I got if cheap because it had been rear ended, i put a new bumper cover on it, it still doesn't line up quite right, but for the price I paid the rest of the car is in near perfect condition. It has a small spider crack on the rear wing, and on part of the front bumper under the fog light, the rest of the car is perfect minus a few small rock chips. The interior is clean, it has the stock monsoon system, with the 12 disk changer that works. So far I have replaced the rear bumper, done front pads and rotors, changed the serpentine belt, coolant flush, changed engine oil, and changed rear end fluid and gasket, and air filter. I ride a motorcycle usually, and bought this as an "extra" vehicle for the few rainy days. The engines is 100% stock minus the muffler. I posted some pics of my new ride. I am a Ford guy at heart, but have always had a soft spot for f-bodies, and GTO's.
Attached Thumbnails New Firebird Owner-firebird-angle.jpg   New Firebird Owner-firebird-engine-2.jpg   New Firebird Owner-firebird-hood.jpg   New Firebird Owner-fireibrd-side.jpg  

Last edited by McGinnis; 01-01-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to the site. maybe you play with car get it to fit better sometime.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Nice ride, it's hard to find good low mileage examples, what are your plans for the car?
Old 01-04-2015, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

It's just my extra vehicle. I am in college and drive my motorcycle usually. It sits most of the time. My plan yesterday was to get a new battery cause my AC Delco battery finally died. Thank god for my employee discount I got a good AGM battery for a good price
Old 01-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

33,000 miles bone stock? good find. Don't worry about that auto, a solid tune, shift kit and a stall; you might find yourself saying "not bad auto, not bad" Looking forward to see what you do with it! keep us posted

Quick Reply: New Firebird Owner