Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey Everyone !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Everyone !!!

Been a follower of the site for a while.......had and sold a 94 Z28 and now own a 1998 Camaro SS Vert SLP / Hendrick Special Edition combo car with under 20K miles.
The SLP part has been confirmed by David Hamburger as car #567 and based on info I recently found it is highly likely the Hendrick part is legit also.
Been trying to confirm that part for over a year and getting super close.

Feel free to comment / share info please
I will probably do a post in the Special Edition section with the info I have and see how it shakes out.

Mike / Ohio

Last edited by Kato3man; 01-08-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Teching In

4 months and nothing........
Old 05-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Hey Kato, nice car, was not aware that Hendrick had a special edition SS, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised as big as his dealerships are in the Carolina's (he owns all the different brands franchises I think)! What area of Ohio are you located in? I'm from Toledo.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kato3man
4 months and nothing........
LOL - sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get some freaking replies, other times they flood in. It's a crap shoot. Sweet ride BTW
Old 05-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Thanks JCM1 - sometimes I just don't get it....

I posted a really nice 94 Z28 that I had / was selling a few years back and got nothing but BS comments about how car wouldn't sell - car sold to 1st person that looked at it.
Now I have this one and been told by so called " experts " that it's a fake.....as I slowly get facts / info that it's probably 100% legit.
I've gotten info on how to contact Hendrick directly and that there were probably less than 100 of these Hendrick cars modded and that this may be the only one done by both SLP and Hendrick.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Hawk640 - Small world.......I'm in Cincinnati now but actually grew up just outside Toledo - Moline actually - where the big tornado set down a few years back.
I've been up and down Navarre Ave. and Woodville Road quite a few times back in the mid 80's cruising !!! What I wouldn't give for a Packo's hot dog right now
Ya - Hendrick covers it all as far as makes these days....I've got it about 90% confirmed - just need to final couple pieces of the puzzle !!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Teching In

I actually live a few miles from Moline, in Northwood, my wife's cousin, his wife, and young son were all killed in that tornado!! I will never forget the devastation it left behind, it looked like a war zone! And I hear ya on the Packo's dogs, just ate there a few weeks ago. Good luck with the car, I'm sure you'll find the info to prove it's authenticity with a few phone calls to Hendrick, I'm still working on figuring out exactly how many Firehawks were built exactly like mine (down to 1 of about 15-20 so far). Have a great holiday!
Old 05-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Hawk - So sorry about your wife's cousin / family - I know exactly who you are talking about. That was on Main St. in Millbury - we are friends with the people that live right next door and another couple a few houses down.
I drove up to help with cleanup at my Moms in Moline and like you said - could not believe the devastation.
Hopefully we'll both find out what we need on our cars......Firehawks are sweet cars - surely don't see many around, esp these days.
Have a Great Holiday Also !!!
Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Teching In

I was sent to Ft. Sill, OK years ago for BCT in the Army, and remember having the crap scared out of me about tornadoes. No thanks. I wanted to go home to Montana where we had to deal with grizzly bears and-50 winters. Don't think I would live in a tornado area.....:
Old 06-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear that man. I've got some pretty good tips from the posters here. Some of my posts have got no replies, but considering the price - it's not bad. hang in there. If there is anything I can do to help - let me know, though I'm a noob.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:14 AM

Beautiful car. I'm from Cincinnati OH as well. Maybe I will see you out and about sometime. I would love to see this car in person.

Quick Reply: Hey Everyone !!!