Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

West Texas Nube

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Texas Nube

As this is my very first post, I decided to introduce myself. My name is Jose and live in El Paso Tx. I am swapping a LS2/4L60e from a '06 GTO in to my 1987 Monte Carlo SS. I was told on many occasions by members in two other forums that I subscribe to, that this IS the site to belong to for LS-related information.

I'm not sure if there is a certain post count needed before I can attach pics but as soon as I am able, y'all will see what's going on with my swap! Not to mention pics of my other toys

Thanks
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to site. conversion/hybrid section or g-body specific section will get you rite direction.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the welcome. I haven't had too much time to look here but plan on doing so this weekend. Is there a post count I have to reach before posting pics?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no, post as much you want. If your throttle body is DBW get the gas peddle/ tach box with wiring. Wiring info is on LT1Swap.com if need that. Or buy harness whichever you desire.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Ok then, here goes...

My muscle car craze started back in 1977, when I saw Smokey and the Bandit. As a matter of fact that was/is my dream car! I finally bought a '77 T/A SE with Hurst T-Tops from the original owner in July of 1992, shortly after I graduated from H.S. After many years of fiddling around with it and cutting my wrenching teeth, I began it's restoration.

Here's what it looks like today. (Almost done!)

The other car in the last shot is my '89 IROC-Z with a 5.7 TPI. It is mostly stock, except for the Edelbrock TES headers and Borla exhaust. I also bought this car from the original owner in 2006 with 58K original miles. Here's another pic...

Here's why I'm here. 1987 Monte Carlo SS.

I bought this one back in December of 2004. It was completely stock with about 100K miles. I added Edelbrock TES headers and a Dynomax high flow Cat. After reaching 214K, I decided to retire the L69 305 and 200R4 and swap in this:

It's an LS2/4L60e from a '06 GTO. It had 23K miles at the time of the pullout. I have the HAR-1058 Harness from PSI and have decided to go drive by cable. In one of the pics you can see the Edelbrock 90mm throttle body.

I have already swapped in the new motor and tranny and have begun plugging away but work is slow since I am new to all of the LS stuff.

So there it is fellas.
Thanks for viewing and comments are appreciated!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its still a nice ride. it will be twice the car with newer drivetrain. I just put a L33 5.3/ 4L65E into my 76 buick skylark. running truck stuff intake and all. Its DBW throttle, wasn't an issue to use other making gas pedal fit. You can probably get fuel sender unit and fuel pump/tank for grand national to run in the monte. it be an easy way to go. on your steering pump change out the valve on back and hoses should hook up.

Quick Reply: West Texas Nube